Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Brown Sugar

In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming; dreaming of a decent Indian meal in Paris.  Well, wait no more great Cthulhu!  I’ve found the place of your dreams. 

The best Indian food in Paris is most likely to be found in my kitchen; but the next best option is Akash, located in the 4th arrondissement:  http://www.akash.fr/





I stumbled upon it whilst searching for Ras Malai, those sweet sugary balls of pure bliss. 
 I ordered my usual: lamb korma (hot) with garlic naan, mango lassi, and Ras Malai.  I asked for my dish to be served «très très très piquante» and it actually came out … mildly spicy! This is a million times spicier than I’ve found in the few Indian restaurants I’ve tried to date. And the mango lassi was a real mango lassi, not that milkshake-style crap one tends to get 50% of the time.  All in all, the food was good, the service was excellent, and I had an enjoyable time.  The one caveat: it’s pricey (for el cheapos like me).  My usual cost just over 31€.  But can you really put a price on happiness?

Well, yes.  But for the occasional night out on the town, Akash is a good choice.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!


No comments: