Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother

Best Mother Ever.
I have the best mum in the world.  Others will say it, but I really mean it.  I’ve lost count of the number of times that a friend has told me, “your mother is a saint!”, and meant it.  One simply could not hope for a better mum.

She has taught me so much: the value in helping people, in being kind and polite, how to drive a car, how to cook, how to be silly.  She has hammered into me the value of a good education and hard work from an early age. Mostly though she has taught me how to love.

I could go on and on about how great my mum is and the sacrifices she has made for her family.  I could recount numerous stories of her staying up late to sew me a Spider-Man costume (my favourite one), making me tea in the wee hours of the morning while I studied for exams, picking me up late at night from the city, and so on.  I’ll leave those for another time.  Right now, I just want to say I love you mum, and I am so thankful I have you in my life.  

Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments: