Friday, May 27, 2011

Tick. Tick. Tick. That’s the Sound of Your Life Running Out.

I’ve been meaning to write about my love of Timex watches for a long time.  I love ‘em.  I know it’s strange to “love” a watch, but it’s all too rare these days to encounter a product that really delivers.  It’s relatively light and inexpensive, easily goes into the water at the beach, and keeps on “ticking” for a looooong time without requiring a recharge every hour on the hour - how many of us can say that about our beloved fancy smart phones?  Did I mention that it keeps the time?  Really well?  ‘Cause it does.  Plus, you have to love that glow-in-the-dark Indiglo feature.  Checking the time late at night or in a dark theatre?  Not a problem.
 
My Precious:  the Timex 5F251 Ironman Traditional 30-Lap wrist watch with Velcro straps
 
I’ve had two Timex Indiglo watches, both given to me by my mother (world’s best mum) as gifts. My first fell out of my pocket while I was messing around with my girlfriend at the time.  I lost the watch and the girl, but truth be told I’m really only sorry I lost the former.  It was a very good watch.  So my mum bought me the replacement I have to this day, shown above. Between the two, I’ve lost and found them at the bottom of my chlorinated pool, put them in the washer and dryer, dropped, stepped, and jumped on them, and more.  And you know what?  Nothing.  They just kept on ticking.  You can’t really ask for more than that.  

So thank you Timex, for making a watch that rocks!

No comments: