Sunday, March 3, 2013

You’re My Boy Blue!


Binu “Blue” Chacko
Fare thee well on your journey.
“Winter is Coming.”


Papa Smurf and Brainy
My boy Blue is one of those fellows who, once you’ve met him, you feel like you’ve known him forever. He’s a genuine good bloke, which is not so easy to find these days. And a damn fine cook. Damn fine. In fact, to update what I said in an earlier post, the best Indian food and drink you are likely to find in Paris is in Blue’s kitchen. Blue introduced me to Saravanaa Bhavan, an international vegetarian restaurant chain specializing in South Indian cuisine and which just so happens to have a location in Paris. It’s now my favourite place for a bit of grease-soaked comfort food; that, coupled with low prices, justifies the terrible, terrible service. But the most important thing Blue has been able to bring to my life is a bit of much-needed joy. Every time I recall the look on Blue’s face when he realized what he’d be paying for the single chicken he'd ordered - at my suggestion - I can’t help but crack up. And that’s what good friends are for.

Good-bye Blue! We'll all miss you!

Cool Hand Luke and Dragline in the abandoned church.

P.S. Remember: it’s not good chicken if it’s not 50€ chicken.

No comments: