Sunday, March 24, 2013

Royale with Cheese


Sometimes a guy just has to have a big, greasy burger. Here are my recommendations for burger joints in Paris; I won’t say they have the best burgers in town, but these are my favourites, in descending order, thus far.

1) Big Fernand

My awesome supervisor Jérôme turned me onto this place - it’s got a lively, cozy student atmosphere, the people behind the counter are real characters, and the food is delicious - maybe some of the best burgers I’ve ever had outside of the USA. Good quality meat and cheese, and it’s all a bit fun. This is “fast food” done right. Check it out.

Jérôme also raved about Little Fernand, but I’ve yet to try it out.

2) Le Camion Qui Fume

Noticed this little food truck setting up shop outside MK2 Bibliothèque one night. There was a huge queue half an hour before they even opened up - a very good sign.  Finally got my chance to check it out a few weeks later during a movie meet-up, and it didn’t disappoint. Definitely worth it if you happen to be in the right place at the right time.

3) BioBurger

On my way to the art & craft shop Lavrut, I noticed droves of hipster cuties heading over to this place; so I popped in to see what all the fuss was about. Feel-good burgers from quality ingredients - and again, hipster cuties everywhere - make this another great destination to deal with the munchies. They’ve also got organic, fair trade colas, if you’re into that sort of thing, which I guess I sometimes am.




No comments: