A Canadian Liberal, that is. And this week I have a very important decision to make: for whom should I cast my vote in the leadership contest? The winner will be the next leader of the Liberal Party of Canada, and possibly the very next Prime Minister of Canada. The candidates are:
- Young and intelligent
- Polls well
- Speaks English and French fluently.
- Carries the baggage of father’s name in the west.
- Relative newcomer still prone to the occasional gaffe
|AKA The Cookie Monster|
- Stronger pull with the youth vote.
- Likes cookies (can attract support of powerful pro-cookie lobby)
- Backed by Sesame Street, the Children’s Televison Workshop, PBS, and the letter N
- Great googly eyes
- The whole “a cookie is a sometimes food” fiasco.
- Not quite human (I dig it, but people in regional centers will have issues).
- Speaks neither English nor French very well.
It’s a tough call.