Sunday, August 4, 2013

Up in the Air

The Prestige!

Third time’s the charm when it comes to yours truly and flying first class. Largely I credit this to the new style of seat that easily transforms into a veritable bed, a blessing for one suffering from bad knee pain.

I often have to travel for work and I tend to stick with the same airline (Air Canada, the best of the North American airlines). Hence, I occasionally get a few perks here and there.  This time my prestige status got me bumped into business class, including the business class security line (or lack thereof). With a bit of time to kill, I used a voucher to access the Maple Leaf Lounge for the first time, mostly out of curiosity. It was nice for what it was, the air conditioning was a relief on an unpleasantly hot Paris morning and I managed to gorge myself on all sorts of delicious snacks.

Foolish Passenger Obscures Photo of Steward's Stunning Thumb

Onboard I was treated like royalty - the response to every request given with respect and a smile. Even silly ones. The gourmet-style foods came out almost non-stop (the salmon and cod come to mind, as well as a great selection of French cheeses and breads). Otherwise, I slept most of the way.

All in all, not a bad way to travel.

No comments: